Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What else is on the needles

This is the start of my Ripple Socks, my contribution to Sockknitters Anonymous challenge for February. I have had my eye on this pattern since I first picked up a copy of Socks, Socks, Socks, but it wasn't until I confirmed that it was an "underappreciated" pattern that I actually cast on.

Ripple Socks - cast on

Now, to admit to my proclivity for thinking I need more yarn, what I had in stash was one 50g skein of KnitPicks Imagination in Evil Stepmother - why I have one skein I don't know. It's clearly what I ordered, (I checked the receipt), but why I ordered one I have no idea. One 50 g skein does not a pair of socks make, and for this pattern I need two more colours regardless of how much I started with. So I ordered. Simply Sock Yarn has great solids, so joining Evil Stepmother are Magenta and Purple. (Those of us who are stepmothers and who love our stepchildren get a kick out of the name. I keep threatening my daughter's older sister that one day I'll turn on her. She laughs.)

KP Imagination Evil Stepmother

So far the pattern is a dream. I'm a little further than the photos. Not really looking forward to the purl ridges. Purling on double points is always a pain in the you-know-where.

No comments: