Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shawls - why do I do this?

I have no idea. I love to wear shawls. I love the look of shawls. I think people who design them are wonderful. I hate knitting shawls. No, correct that. I hate casting on shawls.

This is my attempt at The Enchanted Wood, which is a KAL from the Unique Sheep.

US - TEW Clue 1

The yarn is Wildflower Fields, which is a gradiance colourway. (I love gradiance and I am equally fond of just about everything The Unique Sheep does. Any comment I make that might imply a criticism is not about them. It is all about me and my total inability to count. )

Correct. I got the lace cast-on (very clever, those Estonian lace-knitters. So simple and so effective.), but I'll be damned if I can even count to ten. As I knit back to the beads, sometimes I had nine, sometimes eleven. I have persevered and am now almost finished clue one. Since the bottom beads are strung, I think I can manipulate them to where they should be. If not.... well... anyone who gets close enough to me to see the beads are a stitch off the point ought to know me well enough not to care about beads and points.

And yes, I know this KAL is over. I'm a slow lace knitter.

No comments: