Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Enchanted Wood - not so enchanting

I have moved on to Clue #2, and in spite of my best efforts, this is not working.

First, there was trying to work from the wrong pattern - that was easily corrected, although not after I knit the first half twice.

And it didn't matter, in any event. The correct pattern still resulted in my not having enough stitches - so either I cast on incorrectly, or I decreased wrong, or I just can't count. It could be all three, but I lean heavily towards the latter.

And then there's the part where the beautiful colourway was obscuring the pattern. This shawl wants a solid, or a muted gradiance, not the wonder of wildflowers I'm using.

So the rest of the shawl will be in stockinette, and I will have a load of beads left over for some other project. And it will go a lot faster.

No comments: