Monday, March 29, 2010

Two pair of socks finished - finally

Two pair finished. I say finally, because I worked like a little bear on the Ripple Socks and they took forever. Too many ends. Too much purling.

Now don't get me wrong. I love the way they look - but they weren't a fast knit.

Ripple Socks - complete

They're shorter than the ones in the book - Socks, Socks, Socks. Nadine Stewart must have thought men would wear them, although there isn't a hope in you-know-where (otherwise known as he-double hockey sticks) that any man I know would wear them. My husband doesn't wear anything that isn't dull green or dull black.

The yarn was wonderful. The variegated is Knitpicks' Imagination in Evil Stepmother and the two solids are from Simply Sock Yarn. The solids were lovely.

I also finished the February Sock Yarn Review socks - from Schaefer Heather. This is the sock yarn with so much silk you can feel it. It was a wonderful knit - the yarn has a good twist - not like merino, but it makes a nice tight fabric, and for me, that's what socks need.

These are bright. I mean bright. They cannot be used for bed socks, because they would keep me awake at night.

Schaefer Heather SSY -Complete

Back to my needles. I spent the weekend quilting and I feel quite creative these days.

No comments: