Saturday, January 2, 2010

January Yarn - Cherry Tree Hill

January's Sock Yarn Review will be Cherry Tree Hill's Louet Gems Merino. I'm contacting the company because I'm certain that in the last two years, CTH has changed its base yarn.

CTH Foxy Lady

The colourway is Foxy Lady - one I ordered from Pick Up Sticks in Brantford, Ontario about two years ago.

I pulled out my CTH for a test knit because I had a wonderful compliment about a pair of socks I've been working on for the Sock Knitters' Anonymous group on Ravelry.

Mitred Squares progress

The yarn is dyed by Fireweed Dyeworks in Alaska. Nancy puts right on the label that this is a CTH base and I am really enjoying it. I may get brave and publish the pattern for the sock - after doing another version with garter stitch squares, which I think will work better.

No comments: