Friday, January 8, 2010

Mitred Squares

Finished my Mitred Squares socks. These were a right royal pain in the you-know-where to knit, but they fit beautifully and the yarn was a delight.

Mitred Squares

The yarn is Fireweed Dyeworks Superwash Self-striping in the Midnight Sun colourway. The base is Cherry Tree Hill and I was so impressed that I went and ordered more from the dyer and ordered more from CTH. I've been working on my monthly sock in the Louet Gems - and this is different. The twist is a bit tighter and it knits to a denser fabric.

Mitred Squares cuff

The close-up of the cuff shows the squares themselves. If I had this one to do over again, I'd use garter stitch, as I think the squares would sit better. Since I'm curious, I ordered more from Fireweed and will do it all over again.

No comments: