Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Sock Yarn Review - Cherry Tree Hill

I liked this yarn a lot - and I think I'll like their new base even more. This was the Louet Gems base, and it's a good yarn - well milled, nicely twisted and very even. There was one slub in the whole thing.

The final stats for my Toffee Sock:

Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Louet Gems in Foxy Lady.
Gauge: 8.5 (actually a titch under, but that's the closest. I don't do fractions of fractions and my feet wouldn't know the difference.)
Needles: 2.25 mm

One slubby area - and it wasn't bad at all. No knots. The colourway neither pooled nor flashed, but was consistent throughout the sock.

CTH Toffee Sock Finished

I have no complaints and I would use this one again - although it would be from stash.

Next up for February: Shaeffer Yarn's Heather in the Simply Sock Yarn colourway. Another pair of bright socks.

No comments: