Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cat Mountain Finished - Finally!!

Doesn't December just do in the best laid plans? Knitting goes awry, work goes nuts (at least in my line of work) and then there are the holidays and friends and family. There's never enough time and way too much ambition.

Nevertheless, my December sock yarn of the month is complete.

Cat Mountain finished

I really liked the dye job on this yarn - the colours didn't stripe, (barber pole or otherwise), didn't pool and there was just enough yellow to give it spark, without the sock becoming a yellow sock.

The summary:

Yarn: Cat Mountain Fiber Arts Sock
Colourway: Sunrise on the Sangre de Cristos
Needles: 2.25 mm
Gauge 8.5 sts per inch

This is a nice firm sock - I wouldn't change the needle size for how I knit. There were no knots in the yarn, no loose plies or slubby bits. (I believe that "slubby bit" is a technical term - I confess to not being bothered by them, but I know that many are bothered.) I would use this yarn again.

I ordered it around the time of Sock Summit (thank you Ravelry for introducing us to so many tood indie dyers through the Dye for Glory contest.) The service was very good. There aren't many skeins of her yarn on Ravelry and if it was up to me there would be more!!

The other sock I finished was for the Ravelry group Sockknitters Anonymous. The challenge for November was to use slipped stitches, so I did two with the Double Brick Stitch. This is one version - with Trekking Maxima for the main yarn and some Phildar Preface for the black.

Double Brick Stitch Finished

Now on to January and a New Year of knitting socks. (And yes, I'm one of those people who thinks the decade actually ends at the end of 2010, but I'm not such a weenie that I would waste my breath arguing about it. )

No comments: