Saturday, April 17, 2010

Not quite a pair

These are my lace socks for the Sock Knitters' Anonymous Challenge for March 2010 - lace. I used my trusty Harmony Guides and selected a stitch pattern I thought wouldn't be too hard, given that I was leaving shortly to go to Ottawa to visit my daughter. The problem is I took everything on the plane but the Harmony Guide and I had to try to remember the stitch pattern. Let's just say I sort of did.

After one repeat, I knew it wasn't right, but I was too lazy to frog, so I modified the pattern and kept going. The mod was actually the correct version and once I got going, I really liked it.

The yarn is Colinette's Jitterbug and I love it. Firm, squooshy (is that a word?), easy to work and .... short skeins. One toe is Simply Sock Yarn's solid in purple, left over from my Ripple Socks.

Jitterbug Jive - hiding the toe

Which you can see better, here:

Jitterbug Jive - I think they look good!!

Actually, I really like them. And the cuffs aren't the same either, since I didn't want to do the same messed up version twice.

My challenge now is to find a skein of yarn that will be long enough to chart and test the pattern. Much as I love it, it won't be Jitterbug.

Does that mean I can't call the pattern Jitterbug Jive?

No comments: