Friday, April 30, 2010

April sock yarn review

Both socks are finished - Sara's Colorwave Yarns. I bought this yarn two years ago, and from what I can tell from the website, this exact yarn is no longer available. It came without a label, so I have little information, except that it is 100% merino. I am assuming it is not superwash. It doesn't feel like superwash, and I would think that if it was, Sara would have said so.

Sara - finished

Yarn: Sara's Colorwave Yarns - 100 % merino, fingering weight
Needles: 2.25 mm
Gauge 9.0 sts per inch
Notes: These will be too small for me, so I will give them to my sister. If I were making them for myself, I would need to add more rounds to the foot. I think I would prefer this yarn for knitting lace scarves, or even for fingering weight garments. It reminds me most of shetland jumper yarn. Lest it sound as if I don't like it, the colour is superb. I didn't get pooling, as Sara predicted, but then, I didn't get her 8 stitches to the inch gauge, either.

Next yarn: Francis Patrick

No comments: