Saturday, November 28, 2009

More socks - what a month!!

Quelle mois!! I'm sure the correct expression is that some month in spring is the cruellest month, but I personally think it's November. Now don't get me wrong - we've had an amazing November. Here it is, November 28, on the Canadian prairies and we have no snow. Let me repeat that: we have no snow. When I was a kid, if there was no snow at the end of October, we thought it was a mild winter.

We'll pay for it, of course. Weather never comes free, but for right now, we're enjoying it.

No, that's not the problem with November. The problem with November is that it butts up against December, and December means Christmas. (And I hope, snow.) One minute it's November 1, and all the saints are marching in. Then it's Remembrance Day, and then, somehow, it's November 25 and only a month until Christmas. I'm still not caught up from August!!

I have a little done - my Lorna's Laces Toffee Socks, which turned out exactly as I expected. Lorna's is entirely predictable, because the quality is so high.

LL Toffee Sock - finished

The colour is Amy's Vintage Office, one of the Color Commentary series.

I've become a fan of Ravelry's Sock Knitters' Anonymous (which, when you think of it, fits me to a T.) For November, which is mosaic or slip stitches, I've finished one set, am halfway through another and have started a third.

Here's the set that is finished:

SKA Nov 09 finished

One skein Claudia Handpaint's Turquoise Jeans and one skein Louet Gems Merino in Mustard. The double Brick Stitch is from the Harmony Guides. I did a cuffed sock, with a rib section below to keep the sock up and the leg snug. The leg has scattered slip stitches to carry the theme through the entire sock.

As you can see, I didn't quite have enough of the Turquoise Jeans. I had four rows to go on the toe, (and couldn't bring myself to frog all the way back above the heel to steal from from under the leg), so I finished it off in the Mustard. I actually kind of like it.

This is a photo of the leg, showing what the cuff looks like folded back.

SKA Nov cuff back

Now, back to the needles.

No comments: