Thursday, October 1, 2009

October Sock Yarn - Biscotte & Cie

This is October's test sock yarn. It's a Canadian yarn by Montreal dyer Biscotte & Cie. The colourway is "Go Habs Go", which is what attracted me to it. For those of you who don't know who the Habs are (which essentially means everyone who is not a hockey fan), the "Habs" are "Les Habitants", which is what Montrealers call their beloved Montreal Canadiens. Check out the jersey - big C for Canadiens, with an H for Les Habs. I grew up cheering for the Canadiens, mostly because my father cheered for the Toronto Maple Leafs and it was the best way to make Saturday night interesting. Blue, red and a bit of white - those are the team colours.

I've wound this yarn and it had one knot - which I find acceptable - and long repeats for the colour changes.

After last month's knit, I'm going to swatch this one first to make sure I get my firm 8.5 sts per inch. One more Toffee Sock coming up.

No comments: