Monday, October 12, 2009

First sock finished

Can you say stripes? Can you say Montreal Canadiens? Yes to both.

My first sock is finished and I am very pleased with the result, although (admittedly), not yet used to the stripes. With all the socks I've knit you'd think I'd had had one that striped the way this one did, but nada.

No knots, no slubby bits on the first sock.

This is Thanksgiving Day - I'm off to work for a few hours to do catch - up, but know that when I get home, my husband will have cooked a nice Thanksgiving supper. We're doing chicken, since even with help from his son, there is no chance the three of us will do damage to a turkey - but when you think of it, it's the thought that counts.

For me, Thanksgiving is the beginning of the winter. When we had a cottage, this was the weekend we boarded up the windows and made ready for next season.

We have much to be thankful for.

No comments: