Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September Sock Yarn Review

No photos today - we've had horrible weather on those days when I've had time to take photographs and with the days getting shorter and shorter, no time in the morning before I head off to work. Now, I could leave work before eight, but I don't think it would get the work done.

This months yarn was Dashing Dach's Dachs Socks, knit on size 2.25 mm needles on my standard Toffee Sock Pattern. Although the gauge was the same as last month's yarn, the sock doesn't feel as firm. I think I would go down to 2.00 the next time I used this yarn. My fingers also tell me this is a fine yarn, which made sense to me when I looked at the length of 4 oz of yarn - 560 yards.

The variegated yarn has short repeats, so the stripes are narrow - never more than two rows deep at any point in the sock, including over the gusset. Over the gusset, the yarn pools, which is not unexpected.

Yarn content: 100% superwash merino
Skein: 100 g, 560 yards
Needle size: 2.25 mm (US size 1)
Gauge: 8.5 sts per inch

There were no knots. Would I use this one again? I would.

No comments: