Sunday, September 6, 2009

And we're off!!

We're off!! I've cast on 68 stitches for my standard Toffee Sock and have completed the purl ridge and five or six rounds.

When I unlooped the skein (is "unlooped" a word?) I could see that this yarn in the skein did not have solid areas of colour, but instead, the changes went all through the skein. So far, none of the colours has repeated on top of itself, so I am expecting that the colour changes will be very short.

The yarn is soft and does not seem to be splitty. (Another technical term.) As much as I can I will use the same needles for each sock so whatever differences there are will not be because the needles are different. The odd colour needle is what keeps my count straight - and also because I have only four Pony Pearl 2.25's now, and since I knit with five, I need something straight and pointy on both ends.

September is always a hard month to start, since Labour Day comes right at the beginning and then somehow we're into fall and and real world and regardless of what the weather is like, summer is over.

No comments: