Saturday, August 15, 2009

On the needles




This months selection - a superwash yarn from Painted Tiger, is on the needles.

A few facts about the yarn: 100% superwash merino, 16 wpi. The twist is not very tight, but after five rounds, there have been no problems with splitting.

As you can tell, I'm a ball winder, mostly by choice. It lets me feel the yarn going through my fingers, and I like the exercise. It brings back memories of being a girl with my hands in front of me, winding yarn for both my mother and my Amma. Since I have no girl at home, I use the back of a chair.

I am using my standard sock for the test knits, with variations for expected gauge. for this sock, I have cast on 68 stitches and the cuff will be K3, P1. The needles are my trusty Pony Pearl 2.25 mm, with a Knitpicks Harmony for the fifth and marker needle.

Now, off to knit.

No comments: