Sunday, August 30, 2009

Gertrude Skein finished

These are my basic socks with a mosaic leg. The Gertrude Skein colourway is in Blue Moon's STR mediumweight, which makes a dense sock that is very nice for boots or clogs. This yarn is aalways wonderful to knit with - as close as I've found to a gold standard for yarns. I know that in the previous club shipment, BMFA had problems with knots, but this one was knot free.

The pattern didn't work well for me - I tried, mind you, I really did. I got all the way through the second repeat of the Rogue Roses on the leg and then realized that although Iliked the panel, it was difficult to see the roses with all the colour on the sock. I think I'd like a more solid colour for that pattern, so I put it aside for later.

I wish I could convince my kid that colourful socks would be good for her. As far as socks go, she likes any colour as long as it's black.

No comments: