Monday, August 10, 2009

August Sock Yarn


I like knitting socks. That may be an understatement, but true nonetheless. I also like trying new yarns. Because I live in a small city without an LYS, I buy almost everything online. Most of the time, it's a good experience (sometimes very good), but occasionally I buy a yarn and it's nothing lie I expected. I've also noticed that every yarn seller says almost the same thing about his or her yarn. Yarn is always soft, springy, cushy, vibrant - you know what I mean.

There are also things that no-one ever tells you. How fingering is fingering? One of my favourite "fingering" yarns is more like a sport weight. Another is much closer to lace weight. Almost all vendors say to use needle sizes 1 - 3. I don't know about you, but that's a bit of a difference.

My goal is to test knit a yarn a month. All come out of my stash and I pick into the bin with my eyes closed.

This will be August. It's from the Painted Tiger.

No comments: