Monday, August 31, 2009

August Sock Yarn Review

These are the finished socks from the Sock Yarn Review. The August yarn was The Painted Tiger's Classic Merino, knit on 2.25 mm needles on my standard toffee sock pattern. ( I can't use the term "vanilla sock", because I always think of the Yarn Harlot and her vanilla sock, so it occurred to me that "toffee sock" might just work. Toffee is like vanilla - nothing terribly fancy, but always worth having.)

Yarn content: 100% merino
Skein: 100 g, 440 yards
Needle size: 2.25 mm (US Size 1)
Gauge: 8.5 sts per inch

This is a nice firm sock. I'll let you know how it wears. The dye is nicely saturated and intense, although not a great deal of lustre. It was a joy to knit, as the yarn is soft.

The Painted Tiger has her own website - ThePaintedTiger.com - and also has yarn available on etsy. The Classic Merino is now called Tiger Classic.

Next up: September

No comments: