Monday, February 8, 2010

Some progress

Not a lot of knitting this past weekend. We had a doozy of a snowstorm - no not nearly like what the Eastern United States had, but lots of wind and snow nonetheless. If I had nothing to do, it wouldn't have blinked. As it was, I was due in Winnipeg for Saturday night, so that meant a two and a half hour drive in and a five hour drive back. Me and Jiles, our Lab/Border Collie cross.

Thank goodness for small motels just when you need them. Jiles and I had a good evening and Sunday morning we had only to deal with the wind and the blowing snow. You see, it's not that we get so much snow - we don't - but what we get simply refused to stay where it falls. And it's not at all sticky, so the minute a slight gust of wind takes it, it's off. It's pretty when it writhes across the roadway, but it does make telling the difference between the shoulder and the highway a titch difficult at times. As it was, we had both - lots more snow and all of it blowing. And when the wind hits the big flat, there's nothing to stop it but miles and miles of miles and miles.

Progress picks:

SH cuff

We're started. This yarn is 55% merino, 30% silk and 15% nylon. I can really feel the silk in it. I like the feel, but I'm not sure how it will wear.

And the bright pink is very bright. Very bright. My toes will need sunglasses.

No comments: