Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oh, my ... some progress

February is supposed to be such a cruel month, but it flies by like nobody's business. And here's me with not enough work done, not enough knitting done and not enough quilting done. Who's got time to get a life?

Some progress. I decided against all odds that I would do a Ravelympics project and cheer on Team Canada, so I thought - socks are small. I can design and knit a sock within 17 days. Sure.

Here's the start - JL Vinca, on 2.25 mm needles - and a mini-cable leg.

Simple Cable Rib cast-on

And here's the first sock. One sock. Only enough for one leg. And as I look, I still have two. (And thankful for two.)

Ravolympic Simple Cable Rib

The Vinca is a very loose twist and a fine fingering, so I have taken care not to split the plies. I'm not sure I'd use this for socks that were going to get a lot of wear, but I do like the colour changes, so I'll put up with it not being the best yarn I've ever used.

And did I mention I have to write the pattern as well?

No comments: