Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cat Mountain - on the needles

Cat Mountain is on the needles. What do I know so far?

18 wpi - this is more than I expected. The yarn feels a little thicker than that. However, I cast on my standard Toffee Sock and so far it is knitting well. The loose twist is not a factor. Now, that may be because I keep my tension fairly tight in my left hand, and try not to let it relax. I find that otherwise, my sock gauge is too loose and my socks will wear too quickly.

The colour is lovely. It varies between a red and a bright orangy - yellow with small flecks occasionally that I find add to the look. I have to admit I like yellow, so a fair bit of yellow is very acceptable, and I warn, if you don't like yellow, you won't like this colourway. (A quilter friend of mine always says that if a quilt has 10% yellow, it becomes a yellow quilt. I agree. Yellow is one of those colours that screams "Look at me!!" - it's the three-year old of colours.

Christmas knitting to do as well - we've just had our first snow, but it's definitely winter. We went from wearing our suit jackets outside in November to minus 10 - all in one week. We have snow, we have cold, we have mitts and snowboots. Bring it on!!

No comments: