Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Some progress

I don't think I could be any slower at this month's sock. The poets say that February is the cruelest month - and as far as I know, it's because of the weather. It's usually neither good nor bad: not the deep-freeze of January, but not quite spring. The days are long enough that you know summer is coming, but no-one in their right mind would step out of the door without boots and a winter coat. (At least, where I live.)

February should be good sock knitting weather, but so far, it's been dreary.

This is progress so far:

11 02 12 schaefer anne cuff

Part of the reason I haven't done a lot for this months sock is because of the Sockknitters' Anonymous challenge on Ravelry. (Ravelry is addictive. Do not attempt this at home.) I had great fun with a couple of slip stitch patterns from the Harmony Guides (also addictive) and then, just at the last minute, decided I'd cast on the simplest sock of all (well - almost the simplest). It's a plain old Toffee Sock with slip stitches with yarn in back every fourth row.

In Blue Moon Fiber Arts STR Lightweight, this is a fast knit - great for meetings.

11 01 31 BMFA Beaches cast on

No comments: