Sunday, August 1, 2010

July Sock Yarn Review

Both socks done (actually they've been done for a while).

Claudia - complete

The base yarn for the Claudia is Louet Gems. I don't think I have ever knit a yarn with a Gems base that I have not liked. In this case, the dying is very well done. The colours are saturated and are consistent throughout the skein. No knots, no slubs. The knit fabric is firm. My gauge is a little tighter than what she states on her website, but I like firm socks.

Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted Fingering
Composition: 100% superwash merino
Pattern: Toffee Sock
Needles: 2.25 mm
Gauge: 8 sts per inch

There is a website: www.claudiaco.com - but it's not a retail mailorder site. She gives a list of bricks and mortar shops and on-line shops. I bought mine at Monterey Yarns in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I did a google search and there are many more than she lists for sources.

No comments: