Saturday, August 7, 2010

August Sock Yarn

The August yarn for the review is Zitron Trekking's HandArt Flamme - in Sansibar.

Trekking HandArt Flamme - Sansibar

This yarn is made in Germany by the same people who bring you Trekking and Trekking HandArt. The difference in the Flamme is a ply of (mostly) white that gives the yarn a ragg appearance.

I've always had good luck with Trekking, whether in the skein or in the ball, and I anticipate this one won't be much difference.

Why is this so late? Alex Klein's minotaurs. I volunteered to test-knit them, and so I conscientiously worked away to make them a reality. This is a very different way of knitting socks (or any piece of flat fabric for that matter) and all I can say is that without the stitch markers these would have been an unholy mess.

This is the leg of the sock after knitting but before seaming:

Minotaurs chart knitted

And this is the seamed leg.

Minotaurs sewn together

No comments: