Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Where did it go?

February, I mean. Must be a change of job, the coming change of seasons, watching the US election unfold - which, from the perspective of a bemused Canadian, is always interesting. As a veteran of leadership conventions in this country, I rather like the brokering that goes on and the seemingly endless voting of delegates at the convention to determine the winner. Knowing who will win the Republican nomination and wondering why the superdelegates in the Democratic convention is such a bad thing is making my mornings interesting.

As for my lazy purling - it's only socks right now - designing one or two, trying to work out how to make them fit not just my feet, but the feet of a whole lot of people. You see, I have short, wide feet. The only time I ever came close to running out of yarn was when I was in a cable mode, and as we know, cables are real yarn suckers. (Did I mention short toes? Yes, short toes as well, so I never worry about whether the socks I'm knitting for myself are long enough. I'm sure you can see the challenge - what are real people's feet like? Are more long and narrow than short and wide? High instep? Thick ankles?

No comments: