Sunday, September 5, 2010

Minotaurs - frogged

I don't frog an entire project very often. The same part of me that thinks a book started should be a book finished thinks that once I've knit a few rows, I should complete the project.

A little bit of maturity tells me that if I'm never going to wear it, and I know I'll never wear it, then it's best to start on the way back.

I did a test knit for a pattern for Minotaurs socks. It's a great concept, but without really looking at the grid I chose, I've ended up with a swastika.

Minotaurs sewn together

The technique is called labyrinth knitting, and I'd like to try it again (although not with this yarn, and maybe not for socks), but the swastika got to me.

So they're gone.

In their place, I'm knitting up the Mini Mochi to a plain sock with some slipped stitches on the leg for texture.

MM - cast on

The Mini Mochi is a roving type sock yarn (I couldn't use it to sew together the labyrinth, because a tug would pull the yarn apart). I haven't used it before and I have no idea how it will wash.

No comments: