Thursday, July 1, 2010

June Sock Yarn Review - and Happy Canada Day

Finished. Finally. Not that it is so difficult a sock to do, but June can really be the silly month. Thank goodness for sleeping in on Canada Day.

Here's a photo of the finished sock.

LL - finished

The colourway is Franklin's Panopticon, one of the Color Commentary series honouring knitwear designers. This colourway grew on me as I knit it - I confess to not having been thrilled about it in the skein.

The yarn lived up to Lorna's reputation - smooth and consistent. There were no knots. The yarn is a little finer than I like, but the sock feels dense enough to wear well. I could go down a needle size, but I don't think it would be necessary.

One thing I was amazed at was how good the yardage was. Now, I confess this sock is five rounds shorter than my usual plain sock, but check this out: this is the second sock and I had just started the toe decreases.

LL - one ball

That's pretty good value.

Stats:

Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock
Composition: 80% superwash merino, 20% nylon, put up in 50 g skeins
Needles: 2.25 mm
Pattern: Butterscotch Sock

No comments: