Monday, May 31, 2010

Progress - almost done

Almost done. Almost done. Knit, Knit, Knit. We'll get there yet.

May disappeared. I am certain that yesterday was Mother's Day and here we are, halfway to Christmas. Well, perhaps I exaggerate - halfway to winter and I'm not even out of my winter clothes from last season. We had one hot dry spell and now we have had nothing but rain and more rain. I refuse to complain, however: we could be in Louisiana, watching our livelihoods disappear before the onslaught of oil.

This is progress to date:

FD - progress second sock

It's not quite the easiest set of socks to see. The kettle-dying process Nancy uses creates a very mottled look - I quite like it, as it gives a lot of dimension to a pretty ordinary sock. This won't work for lace or cables, because the pattern will be lost.

No comments: